The school will include lectures by experts, hands-on activities and presentations by participants.
List of speakers:
- D. Giovannelli (University of Napoli)
- E.C.R. Green (University of Melbourne)
- C. McCammon (Bayerisches Geoinstitut)
- R. Moretti (Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris)
- P. Sossi (ETH Zurich)
- G. Yaxley (ANU, Canberra)
- A. Aiuppa (University of Palermo)
- D. Baker (McGill University)
- A. Berry (ANU, Canberra)
- J. Blundy (University of Oxford)
- E. Cottrell (Smithsonian Institution)
- K. Evans (Curtin University, Bentley)
- D. Frost (Bayerisches Geoinstitut)
Pre-registrations and registrations are closed
The School "Understanding oxygen fugacity in geoscience" will take place in the main campus of the University of Trieste, Italy. The precise locations are buildings D and A of the campus, Piazzale Europa 1, Trieste. Instructions on how to reach the buildings will be provided via email directly to the participants.
The campus is well equipped with rooms for plenary lectures, participant presentations, practicals and posters. They are also equipped for a hybrid version of the School, allowing also for online participants to interact with the people on-site.
Participants travelling from abroad will have to comply with the requirements and measures of the Italian Government. These can be found on the website of Italian Ministry of Health.
Face masks will be required during indoor science sessions. The indoor spaces are organised in order to allow for a safe social distance and cleanliness. The room for plenary lectures will be used at half of its capacity (one person every two seats). Hand sanitizers will be available in each room and a dedicated cleaning service will be in place every day. A separate outdoor area will be designated for food and beverage.
Local testing centers are available in many pharmacies in the city centre, close to the venue. They can provide assistance if you experience symptoms or need a test before traveling. Participants are responsible for the cost of testing.